The NLPNP offers:
- a quicker immigration process for qualified skilled workers, family members, international graduates and entrepreneurs who wish to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- assistance from provincial program officers who are available to explain the program requirements and processes.
Successful applicants will receive a Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process.
Under the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of the following categories:
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate
- Immigrant Entrepreneur
Newfoundland and Labrador PNP Skilled Worker
To qualify for the Skilled Worker category, the applicant must have a Newfoundland and Labrador job offer that:
- Is full time and permanent;
- Utilizes specialized skills that could not otherwise be obtainable in Canada; and
- Is consistent with provincial employment and wage standards.
Newfoundland and Labrador PNP International Graduate
- Have graduated from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution in the past two years OR;
- Have applied during the last semester of completing your degree or diploma;
- Have receive a certificate, diploma, or degree from a program of at least 2 years in length;
- Have obtained a Post-Graduation Work Permit;
- Have the necessary qualifications and English or French language ability for the job being offered;
- Have sufficient settlement funds;
- Have obtained a permanent full time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer and have reasonable expectation of employment in the province in the near future OR;
- Have a proven attachment to the local labour market. An applicant who is considered to have a labour market attachment is one who is currently working in a full-time position that is either temporary or on contract and can demonstrate that the position has potential to be extended or another position within the company would be granted.
Newfoundland and Labrador PNP Immigrant Entrepreneur (under revision)
To qualify for the Immigrant Entrepreneur Category, the applicant must establish or purchase a business that is within the province’s Strategic Sector list, including knowledge-based industries, manufacturing, natural resources, agriculture and agrifoods, health care, tourism, fishing, and cultural industries, although employment in other industries may also be valid. In addition, the applicant must score at least 50 points on a Self-Assessment (proposed business, work experience, business experience, education, adaptability, age, language ability, financial resources). Applicants must also:
- Have a minimum of five years of senior management or entrepreneurial experience in a business similar to the one proposed;
- Have a minimum net worth of CDN $450,000, of which at least CDN $350,000 should be in liquid assets;
- Be prepared to sign a Performance Agreement promising a minimum business investment of CDN $200,000 to establish a new business or purchase all or part of an existing business;
- Be prepared to make a CDN $100,000 deposit that will be returned once the obligations of the performance agreement has been met; and
- Prior to the completion of the application, be willing to make an exploratory visit to Newfoundland and Labrador at the applicant’s expense, and submit a detailed business plan.
Our goal is to provide each client with a successful outcome by determining the most appropriate solution. If you would like to know whether you could be eligible to immigrate to Canada, we invite you to complete our online assessment questionnaire.
If you are interested in seeking professional assistance to guide you through the immigration process or if you have any questions, please contact us.