There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business.
Canada’s advantages include:
- a strong economy
- low taxes and low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- top quality of life
Immigrant entrepreneurs will require investment commitments from a venture capital fund or an angel investor group in order to apply for permanent resident status through the Start-Up Visa Program. An applicant must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund or a minimum investment of $75,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group. Applicants will also need to meet general program requirements, such as language proficiency and academic experience.
The following is a list of the venture capital funds and angel investor groups that will participate in the Start-Up Visa Program:
Venture Capital Funds
- BDC Venture Capital
- Blackberry Partners Fund II LP (doing business as Relay Ventures Fund II)
- Celtic House Venture PartnersDRI Capital Inc.
- Celtic House Venture Partners Fund III L.P.
- Celtic House Venture Partners Fund IV LP
- Golden Opportunities Fund Inc.
- iNovia Capital Inc.
- New Brunswick Innovation Foundation Inc.
- Northwater Intellectual Property Fund
- OMERS Ventures Management Inc.
- Pangaea Ventures Fund III, LP
- PRIVEQ Capital Funds
- PRIVEQ III Limited Partnership
- PRIVEQ IV Limited Partnership
- Quorum GroupRho Canada Ventures
- Advantage Growth (No.2) L.P.
- Ontario SME Capital Corporation
- Quorum Investment Pool Limited Partnership
- Quorum Secured Equity Trust
- Summerhill Venture Partners Management Inc.
- Tandem Expansion Management Inc.
- Vanedge Capital Limited Partnership
- Version One Ventures
- Wellington Financial LP
- Westcap Mgt. Ltd.
- Yaletown Venture Partners Inc.
Angel Investor Groups
- Angel One Network Inc.
- First Angel Network Association
- Golden Triangle Angel Network
If you are interested in seeking professional assistance to guide you through the immigration process or if you have any questions, please contact us.